Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Brooke Lynn Lewis


Brooke 1 day old


The PROUD big sister!



The big brother! he didn't really know what to think


Brooke was born with red hair! it's still kind of
strawberry but has faded a lot


Welcome to the world!


Big Girl!


So happy to finally meet you!



Brooke Lynn Lewis is finally here!
I feel like I had been pregnant FOREVER. Maybe it's because I was more tired and sore this time around and was just ready to be done, but I don't remember my other two taking this long.
My entire pregnancy Matt said that I wouldn't make it past Valentines day (my originaly due date was March 3rd) and I was caustiously hoping he would be right. AND HE WAS!!! Brooke arrived 3 weeks early on February 9th. I had been having contractions on and off for 3-4 days and Tuesday morning they got progressivly worse. Matt came home from school and I made an appointment with my regualar OB just to go and get checked out. My dr. hooked me up to the monitors and lo and behold I was contracting every 2 minutes! She said that as soon as matt could make it to the hospital she would do the C-section and we would meet our baby that day! I called Matt who was still at home with Abby, Shawn and my two daycare girls, and told him to call the grandparents to come and sit with the kids. Matt made it to the hospital about an hour later, and as soon as he walked in the nurse handed him scrubs and we were off to the delivery room. 20 minutes later, our beautiful baby girl was born weighing in at a whopping 7lb 10oz!!! It's a good thing she decided to come early because they estimate that if she had waited to come until her due date she would have weighed over 9lbs!
Brooke is absolutly perfect for being 3 weeks early. She was a little jaundiced, and had a slight heart murmer, but everything seems to be healing nicely. We LOVE having her with us.

4 comments:

Jodi said...

Congratulations! She's beautiful!

Vivian said...

yay!!!! Congrats. She is beautiful!

Mike and Katie said...

congrats! we are so excited that she is home with you and healthy! what a darling addition to your already adorable family! love the pictures excited for more to come in the near future.

The Seaman Family said...

She is a doll congrats!!